Its always fun to have a nose in other peoples wardrobes, so I thought I'd give you a snapshot of whats in mine!!
After a sort out of the unwanted items in my wardrobe, now bound for the charity shop, this is how my wardrobe and drawers look:
I no longer have anything in storage, its all in my 2 wardrobes (1 wardrobe of coats and jackets and 1 wardrobe of dresses, jeans, bags and tops) and I have 2 drawers of woollies, 1 drawer of dresses, 1 drawer of tees and tunics, 1 drawer of blouses and 1 drawer of skirts.
As I wear a uniform for work, I really don't get to maximise my wardrobe, so unless I see a 'must have', I'll be buying less and wearing what I have already a lot more. My philosophy in my wardrobe is 'quality over quantity', I'd rather have less and appreciate the pieces I have, rather than a lot of items that I'm just not keen on.
So, to date this month, I've not bought any clothes! Not because of finances really, more because I've bought so many pieces over the last year that:
1. I've not worn a lot of them
2. I've felt a wardrobe overload
3. I've realised I don't have a lot of costume jewellery to compliment my existing clothes
So, to rectify this, I've decided to:
1. Try and buy only costume jewellery this month or items from my wishlist
2. Send the now sorted, unwanted items to the charity shop that are currently overloading the wardrobe, no longer fit in with 'my style' so I'm now only left with the 'truly loved items', which can be seen above!!
I'm aiming to up my accessories though, so I'm on the hunt for costume jewellery such as necklaces, earrings and bracelets.
I do have a 'wishlist' though!!
1. Dark skinny jeans
2. Navy and white striped oversized tee
3. Red patent shoes
4. Leopardprint shoes
5. Denim waistcoat
So, I'm aiming for these items first before I buy anything else!!
Whats on your wishlist for this summer?
And more importantly-because I'm so nosey, how does my wardrobe compare in size to yours??